Ask and you shall receive
Edited by Vahni of Grit & Glamour
This blogging thing...it's been around a while now, and many are realizing what a rewarding endeavor it is, on a sartorial and psychological level. One thing I love about blogging is the opportunity to ask a question, ponder a theory—and have others share their thoughts and opinions as well. In this week's roundup, several bloggers reflect on the positive influence blogging has had on their lives and self-esteem. (Superb! Yay for blogging!) Others ruminated on everything from whether style is really subjective, to whether fashion as an exhibit is a trend. Or not.
Stumped for post ideas? Want more engagement with your readers? Been contemplating the style-related proclivities of society? Ask, lovelies. Everyone has an opinion, and most are chomping at the bit to share. But the most wonderful aspect of this kind of engagement is not more comments. Those are nice, yes. It's through discussion that personalities are revealed and relationships are forged. Your readers aren't just a little avatar and some words. They are vibrant individuals—and your biggest fans!
Links à la Mode: June 30th
- Alex Drake Vintage: 10 Things I Like About the 1980Angela Osborn: 6 Lessons Learned from Coco Chanel
- Any Second Now: Heartfelt lessons and thanks in this first year of blogging.
- Beautifully Invisible: We Are Women. We Are Beautiful. We Are Real.
- Beyond Fabric: On personal style and individuality—because redundant is the last thing you want to be.
- Blah Blah Becky: Proof that it's always worth trying a trend: cropped tops without muffin top.
- Boheme Noir: Fashion Show Coverage: Roberto Cavalli S/S 12 Menswear
- Bubbling with Elegance and Grace: Fashion Designer Exhibitions: Is this the new trend?
- By Anika: Closet check: Do your clothes make you feel good about your self?
- College-Style: #Trending in Milan: Using Twitter to keep up with girls' and guys' fashion #trends
- Divergent Musings: Five ways that blogging has improved my life (it can improve yours too)!
- Grit & Glamour: Worker V:2.0 (Ode to the Pencil Skirt)
- Hippie Lace: You Cast Your Spell On Me: Spell & The Gypsy Collective
- Idee Fixe: Kindness: A Tale of Kindness, Generosity, and a Vintage Coat
- KP Fusion: In the business of blogging, is style really subjective?
- My Orange Stilettos: Just because you're short doesn't mean you can't wear a midi.
- Oranges and Apples: On "going out" clothes and sexual attractiveness.
- Seamstress Stories: Boundaries on body confidence and a culture of bonding through body bashing.
- Style Sizzle: 10 fashion lessons learned from living in the desert.
- The Stylish Butterfly: The advantages of being the worst dressed—it works for Helena Bonham Carter!
SPONSOR:Day Dress Sale at Shopbop: Nanette Lepore, 3.1 Phillip Lim, DKNY, Lela Rose, Daftbird, Tibi, Red Valentino, Rebecca Taylor, Lucy in Disguise, Shoshanna, & DVF Wrap Dresses
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATEIf you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine