Fashion Therapy - Sock It To Me

Thank you gals so much for your well wishes! I didn't have a very serious case of food poisoning, and I'm feeling much recovered. Nevertheless, I didn't want to wear anything tight around the waist yesterday, so I pulled out my baggiest jeans and went from there.


Don't let the blue skies fool you; the sun went behind the clouds so many times during the two minutes I spent taking photos before work that the lighting's all messed up, and brrr it was not really quite the weather for a light shirt and sleeveless jacket! Later that evening it started pouring, though the temperature was so low it  was supposed to snow in the Santa Cruz Mountains—not a usual event!



My inspiration came from a photo from the Araks Spring 2010 collection, though I wouldn't try it pant-less even in warmer weather. My white shirt and vest had been hanging out together in my closet for a month now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to try out the look. I have to say I am so so so much happier with the trench since I took the sleeves off!

vest - old cheap trench w/sleeves removed  |  shirt - new york & co. |  jeans - crossroads
socks - target  |  shoes - michael by michael kors, via crossroads

Since it was so chilllllly but I really wanted to wear these platforms to spruce up the look (and put me at eye-level with customers, they tend to behave better that way), I tried out socks with them. I really enjoyed how it looked, but I felt kind of unsafe all day, like I was slipping and sliding. Does this happen to you brave sock and sandal wearers??

4 comments:

  1. You have great style! I've yet to try the socks and sandals look... but you look so cute in them! Sometimes my feet slide around in heels when I wear tights with them. Airplus makes a fantastic ball of foot cushion (and they are clear, so they work with pretty much any shoe). I found them at Walmart - 2 pairs for $3.

    unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That def happens to me if I wear tights and sandals. I love how you cuffed the jeans and wore them w/ the socks and sandals, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recovering from food poisoning and still looking like a model? Way to go! Love the whole thing! And those platforms...swoon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate every comment and will try to reply to any questions.

I hope you're having a wonderful day or night :)